Tuesday 18 May 2010

Oui oui Merci!

I am such a sucker for a paper bag! And Merci's paper carrier bags really sum up this fabulous stores' ethos.
Giving can be a very stylish thing to do. All the profits from Merci go to charity. But a charity shop it ain't!


I first visited Merci last year and had to be dragged away from the place. I seriously wanted to move in.
Housed in an old wallpaper factory in the Marais, it is grand, shabby, whimsical & serious all at the same time.


If you are planning to visit Paris anytime soon, I would suggest ditching the Louvre or the Eiffel Tower and heading straight to Merci for a true Parisian experience.


The countdown is on for my return to Merci - yes! 48 days and counting.....


Merci, 111 Boulevard Beaumarchais, 75003, Paris.

2 comments:

  1. Josie Jo, how did I not know about this place! WOW I love it :)

    Ok you need to get into blogger in draft, google that, follow the link, then tick the box on your dashboard that sayes make blogger in draft my default page. I found that it seems to not be so reliable, so you might have to do that every now and then. Then click settings then design tab and template designer and the world is your oyster! :)

    I have started making a site for Hope & Glory, v basic at the mo but check it out to give you an idea what you can do.

    www.hopeglorynz.com

    How did you get on with analytics?

    P.S - can you be my European trend spotter???

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok we simply must VISIT PARIS next year and MERCI top of the list!
    It's beyond amazing....beyond

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day - thank you!